Thursday, June 22, 2006

"Toot Toot"

Although I really don't like to toot my own horn, I have been encouraged to do so. This year Kindermusik of the Valley has been honored with the Maestro Award from Kindermusik International. This award recognizes programs that reach large numbers of families. We thank you, our wonderful families, for this award. It is your commitment to offering your children quality experiences and spreading the word about Kindermusik to your friends and neighbors that we have achieved Maestro status for the last 6 years.

I am even more proud of another award I have received this year. It is the Kindermusik Maestro in Outreach award. This award is given to 5 educators world wide, who have brought Kindermusik to children with special needs and to underserved populations. It has been my unique opportunity to work at La Creshe Early Childhood Center and Mary T Wellcome Child Development Center in North Minneapolis for the last 10 years. In sharing Kindermusik, songs, dances, and stories in the inner city, I have seen the miracle and healing that music can provide to all children. It is so true that it is in giving that we receive and I have been ever blessed by my time spent with these tender children and their wonderful caregivers.

I thank Kindermusik International for honoring us with these Maestro Awards. It is a true pleasure to be affiliated with such an outstanding and inspirational organization.

No comments: